Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beautiful Food

So, I decided to use a very delicious looking recipe of Breanne's, Sausage Florentine. And, being the person that I am, I just couldn't resist taking pictures of those amazing colours!!
Doesn't that just make you smile? It does me! :-D

Delicious sausage with red onions (even though they look purple - tell me, how do you explain that one to your 2yr old??) There is something extra special about having red onions instead of ordinary white onions. 

There are few colours so cheery as fresh spinach and tomatoes tossed gently together. 

And, voila! a delicious dinner (I am so tickled that asparagus is finally on sale! I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and it was extra delightful to finally enjoy it!)

Having started, I had a hard time stopping taking pictures of beautiful food, and saw lovely colour combos in everything I cooked. Like the beginnings of this Mexican Meatball Stew. 
Or, the delightful contrast of home-made pickled carrots and pickled beets. 

  

As a side note, Peter decided to squeeze out the extra juice from his grapefruit "just like Daddy". It was so very cute that I had to take pictures! :-D We were impressed to see him get a decent amount of juice onto his spoon. 
The funny part though, was when he tried to get the juice off his plate. Yup, all the juice down his front, and the funniest part was he didn't seem to notice he'd lost most of it, just smacked his lips and returned his plate to the table. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment