Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Moments in our week...

This week has overall gone much better than I expected, as my first week on my own. I admit, today has been a 'low' day in a number of ways. However, I've been telling myself that after two great days (albeit, containing a number of crazy moments), a not-so-great day is to be expected, and this one contains a few external factors as well (like a body that is NOT functioning the way it should considering how much Markus is nursing... :-P).

Here are a few glimpses of our week!

 Both boys were much more captivated than I expected by the simple exercise of practicing pouring. Peter worked with rice, and Timothy with pasta - kept both boys busy for quite some time!!



We finally made our snowman - as the snow was finally sticking together!! I think we pretty much used up the rest of our snow - it was replaced this morning, but melted again by this afternoon - crazy weather! 



 This activity we did today, one I was REALLY excited about, and one that worked out great! Peter matched each number with the correct amount of beans. I started out getting him to put them into groups of two, then realized that was information overload for the poor guy, so had him just put them in piles, then we worked on sorting by twos later.
 I anticipated Timothy wanting to imitate, so made him a sheet as well, although it turned out he was much more interested in grabbing Peter's beans than playing with his own. :-P

 So, we put it away and pulled it out again at quiet time when Peter could work uninterrupted.
 This adorable little munchkin is becoming so alert and responsive! I knelt down beside him to talk tonight, and he just beamed a great big smile - so sweet. :-D
This is how I've gotten a great deal done this week, and I love having him close but my hands free - really love the Moby Wrap!! 
Having a hard time believing it's only Wednesday... :-P

2 comments:

  1. GO RACHELLE!!!! Looks like fun...you're doing an amazing job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much the boys have grown up already! Its scary!!! :P

    I really want to make a trip up there this year! Maybe in June or something. I don't know. we'll have to see how things are rolling!

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete