Thursday, April 12, 2012

Building memories

One of the things I've been working on recently is taking more deliberate time to just play with the boys, time that isn't focused on accomplishing or even teaching so much as just building memories, enjoying each other, and being a part of what is important to a 3yrs old and an 19mon old. 

This does not in any way come naturally to me. I can juggle a million things at once, keep a clean house, do paperwork for the business, feed and care for my children, but just sitting and playing with blocks for long periods of time? Not so much. I sit there for 10 min and my mind starts hopping over everything that I should be 'accomplishing'. And I forget to just seize the moment. 

It has been very good for me to have these 5 weeks of not being able to DO and ACCOMPLISH. I pray the lessons I've been learning will stick when I don't have anyone around to do the dishes, laundry, cleaning, and make the meals. That I will remember what is truly important. 

That being said, here are a few pictures from today and yesterday - memories built instead of accomplishments recorded. :-) 
Connecting neurons... :-D

A nod to my childhood love of building houses for our gerbil... We built a house for the hamster, Oreo



Nothing like the gleeful delight of a child with a fuzzy animal
I built Peter a fort for his quiet time yesterday, something he wanted repeated today... :-D


Enjoying Mousetrap with Papa!


No comments:

Post a Comment