Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mousetrap

So, what do you do when you THINK you've been obeying the doctor's orders, doing absolutely NOTHING, and get told by your doctor that you're overdoing it? 

This, as a side note, has been my primary issue with having a cesarean. Supposedly, I'm not supposed to do much for the next 6wks. If I'm still sane at that point, I'll let you know. :-P  

Anyway, back to my question - what DO you do? 

You play Mousetrap with two little boys, one who has been begging to pull out the game since Christmas, and another who thinks all those bright pieces look VERY exciting. 

That's what we did yesterday afternoon. We didn't actually play the game, but we built the whole mousetrap, then the boys took turns turning the crank to start the process ending with the 'mice' getting trapped. It was a great cause/effect learning experience, and thrilled my precious Peter to no end. 
Timothy was most delighted with it all as well, although I had an easier time getting pictures of complete concentration than the huge grin that was also part of his face most of the time. :-D








1 comment: